Living with anxiety can be extremely tough on anybody. Prescription drugs may make you feel worse or not help at all. With times and laws changing, marijuana is now even more available and is a much safer route than prescription drugs. There are thousands of marijuana strains out there so it can be overwhelming when it comes to choosing the right strain for you. Marijuana is great for so many things, anxiety just being one of them.
Most strains that are best for treating anxiety are Hybrids, meaning they have a mixture of Sativa and Indica in the plant. A Sativa plant is more for growing outdoors and is known to be more uplifting and energetic. A Sativa plant can reach over 25 feet high and they grow tall and thin. Sativa is known for having a more “grassy” or earthly type of odor to it and is best for daytime smoking. A Indica plant normally grows wide but short and is better for growing indoors. Indica leaves a very strong body high that can have you glued to your couch for hours but it will have you feeling extremely relaxed.Indica is the best strain for pain management and insomnia.
Here are the five best strains for curbing your anxiety.
- Khakifa Kush, also known very simply as “KK”. KK was created by the famous rapper most of us know, Wiz Khalifa. While it is said that the original strain that Wiz masterminded is not available to the public, the strain they call Khalifa Kush has all of the same effects, tastes, and aromas as the original. KK is known for the sour-lemony and piney smell, similar to OG Kush. KK is ideal for morning use (like a wake and bake) and will have you feeling happy and relaxed. Smoking KK can help dim down your stress and help battle anxiety.
- Chemdawg Sour Dissel (Chem Sour)Chem Sour is a Sativa-dominant Hybrid blended with seeds from the Sour Diesel plant and Chemdawg D. Chem Sour has a sharp and funky bite by the first hit, and also has a funky fuel and pine aroma. Smoking Chem Sour will leave you uplifted and positive. Anxiety-prone people should smoke Chem Sour in small doses due to the bud being known for how untouchable this bud makes you feel. Chem Sour is also really great for producing creativity and keeping you focused. Only downfall to smoking Chem Sour, is the severe dry mouth that comes with it, but its nothing a tall glass of iced tea can’t fix!
- White Diesel. White Diesel is another Sativa-domintant plant that has a mixture of the White Widow plant and the flavors from NYC Diesel. The White Diesel buds create the diesel fumes that you would expect from any diesel plant, along with a zesty, flavorful mix of spice, grapefruit, and lemons. White Diesel makes an intensely uplifting head buzz and makes a relaxing body high, making this bud perfect for pain, stress and anxiety. Medical marijuana patients find White Diesel the most beneficial due to its abilities to crush anxiety and depression, along with treating migraines. After taking a few hits of White Diesel, you will be in a euphoric state of mind and feel relaxed and ready to face the day.
- Dr. Who. With Dr. Who, you will soar high (no pun intended) and literally feel like you are traveling into another dimension (its not as scary as it sounds!). Dr. Who is a very potent Indica flower that was originally iron by Homegrown Natural Wonders. They masterminded the Dr. Who strain by combining strains of Mad Scientist and Timewreck. This strain is made up of 60% Indica and is a great bud for relieving pain, stress, and appetite loss. Dr. Who is also really great for mood disorders such as bipolar, depression and anxiety and also helps to ease symptoms of disorders such as OCD and PTSD. Dr. Who won’t leave you sedated, but it promotes a tough body high and eases the mind. Dr. Who is a top pick for smoking at any time of the day or the night. This flower when smoked leaves an odor in the air of sweet but yet sour, and it tastes sweet and sour too. Dr. Who is best suited for indoor gardens and takes up to 63 days to fully grow. Dr. Who is the go-to bud for so many different mood disorders, or just to make you feel better if you are having a bad day. The only negative that may come with smoking Dr. Who is dry eyes and dry mouth.
- Fruit Loops. Fruit Loops smells just as good as it sounds, and is a Indica-dominant plant and leaves a sweet tropical flavor in your mouth. The bud reeks of blueberry and grapefruit smells and falls from the White Widow strain. The hybrid plant is very high in potency and has a moderate body high. Fruit Loops is great for the social butterfly looking for confidence to spark up an interesting conversation and combat daily life stressors. Fruit Loops is a perfect fit for crushing your anxiety and dealing with stress. There are literally no negative effects with smoking this strain.